the many Rochester, NY nursing homes for you or a loved one can seem a bit overwhelming. Through an on-site Social Worker and streamlined forms, the Baird
Nursing Home has created a user-friendly admissions process. Medicaid, Medicare, long-term care insurance, and private insurance are all accepted.
Admission steps to complete are different for those entering the Baird from home or from the hospital. Coming from home, the process may take up to a week.
The completed documents needed include:
- Patient Review Instrument (PRI) (completed by a certified professional)
- Screen (completed by a certified professional)
- Admissions Application (http://www.bairdnursinghome.com/application.php)
Certified Health Care Professionals include:
- PRI Services (585) 265-0240
- Call-Jane (585) 242-2030
- Home Care agencies, i.e., Lifetime Care, Visiting Nurse Service (VNS), Home Care of Rochester (HCR)
If your loved one is in the hospital, please inform your social worker that you are interested in our independently operated nursing home, The Baird. The social worker
will take care of sending the needed information. The Director of Social Work/Admissions at the Baird will review the information and an accommodation decision will be
made within 24-48 hours.
At the point of paperwork submission, we encourage family members and friends to schedule a tour of the Baird. Please contact the Director of Social Work/Admissions, Samantha Colson, MSW at 585-342-5540 ext 2.